13 Books Down in 2026

 It's been a mad dash kind of year. 2026 has been fruitful and productive. With 11 books revised/fully edited and 13 more completed, with two more on schedule, it's been a busy, busy year.



Wrapping up summer, I wrote the Laws of Attraction duology (think Suits but gay), my first M/M romance and legal drama. It was fun to write, and I really enjoyed myself. To finish summer, I wrapped the Vows of Vengeance duology, which I'm still working on with ARC readers. It is my first DARK romance with a lengthy list of trigger warnings; it's my first book(s) to involve trigger warnings.

To kick off fall, I finished Hide and Die, a suspense romance I started back in 2015 and slowly worked on for years (there are a lot of those in my TO BE FINISHED file). Next, I'm wrapping up the HIGH-FANTASY trilogy, The Crown of Night Trilogy, book three: The Nightfall Dominion Guards.

The series began with a human child running to the "monster" she was born to destroy for protection. From there, it snowballed into a world ruled by vampires, werewolves, elves, and dragons. My first books with dragons, and I'm having fun with them. With a unique narrator voice and a start in the old world, it has been a fun, fast write; books one and two took only 7 and 10 days to write. For book three, I strayed because a story idea was biting at my fingers, which turned into Vows of Vengeance. Now that I've wrapped up those and Hide and Die, I can finish the trilogy this week.


Wrapping up my winter writing schedule will be The Don's Plus-Sized Bride, a mafia romance, and then I'll crack into Sweet Venom (that one takes lots of research into serial killers, so it'll be a slower write), which is a psychological thriller following a female serial killer.


Facebook deleted my pages, so my new author page is https://www.facebook.com/DanaeAyusso




Popular Posts